What is RF Microneedling?
RF Microneedling is a minimally invasive fractional, bi-polar, Radio Frequency system that will disperse micro-needles deep within the dermis to produce dramatic skin tightening and skin rejuvenation and can be used on all areas of the body. The RF microneedling combines the latest advancement in Micro-Needling and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies.
Offering minimal downtime and pain regardless of skin type.
How does the treatment work?
RF microneedling provides precise and controlled coagulation and hemostatsis deep within the dermis to help stimulate collagen, providing dramatic skin tightening and skin rejuvenation. The microneedle depth can be adjusted for each treatment area. Thereby, allowing for customized treatments to delicate areas, such as under the eyes, the forehead and check bones.
Can the Radio-frequency Microneedling be used on all skin types?
Yes, Unlike laser treatments, the RF- Microneedling uses only radio frequency energy. The microneedles precisely deliver the RF energy into the dermis tissue. There is virtually no thermal damage to the epidermis and almost eliminates the risk of PIH in darker skin types. Therefore, it is safe to use on all skin types and all colors of the skin.
Is there downtime after the procedure?
One of the greatest things about RF micro-needling, is that patients usually experience minimal to no downtime and have few restricitons following a RF micro-needling treatment. The treated area may be red for up to 24 hours.
Howevere, a deeper, more aggressive treatment may be required for your desired outcome. Therefore, downtime may increase. Ask your treatment specialist to give you a more accurate downtime before the procedure is done.
What should I expect after the treatment?
After the treatment, most patients will experience redness and some minor swelling. This usually subsides within 24-hours or less. After 24-hours, the patients may apply make-up to the treatment area.
How long does it take to perform a treatment and how many treatments will I need?
The procedure itself takes approximately 20-minutes. However, the treatment area will need to be prepared which may take an additional 30-minutes. Obvious results are normally seen after just 1-treatment. However, to help achieve the maximum benefit a 3-treatment series is suggested with each treatment 4-weeks apart.
How much does it cost?
• Reveal any medical conditions such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, and all current medications (including both prescriptions and over-the-counter products) such as Accutane, tetracycline, hormone replacement therapy, or use of Retin-A.
• The patient must quit taking Accutane for 6 months prior to having a PiXel8-RF micro-needing treatment
• DO NOT perform a PiXel8-RF Micro-needling treatment on a patient if he/she has an electronic implant (Insulin pump, pacemaker, LVAD, etc)
• Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your PiXel8- RF treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment.
• Do not use any irritating skin care products such as Retin-A or OBAGI for one week prior to treatment.
• Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, aspirin for 1 week prior to scheduled procedure.
• Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may be more sensitive to the treatment and the clinician may use gauze or a tongue depressor to isolate the area to make the treatment more comfortable.
Before and After Photos